Qualified Chef-Resort Venue-Spectacular Kimberley Region-Remote Western Australia
We are seeking a Qualified Chef for this busy resort venue located in the spectacular Kimberley Region of remote Western Australia.
This is an excellent opportunity and a great way to save!
* Full time role
* $33 per hour (flat rate)(typically 40-50 hours / week)
* Accommodation and meals $110 per week (shared staff house offsite – around 2-3km away)
* Avg 80 – 250 covers per service – breakfast, lunch and dinner service offered through the season
* Some split shifts involved
* Team of 3-4 in the kitchen
– Support the Head Chef across all facets of kitchen operations
– Hands on role prepping and cooking for multiple outlets including restaurant, bar and function rooms
– Helping to create innovative and appealing menus
– Assisting with control of food costs to ensure budgeted figures are achieved
– Supervising and mentoring of junior staff
– Ensuring all OH&S and hygiene requirements are achieved
– Providing high quality meals in a consistent manner so that customer expectations are exceeded
– Assisting the Head Chef to boost revenue and profitability in the department through all of the above
– Other duties as required
The ideal candidate will have extensive A La Carte experience, a flair for presentation and still be passionate about their trade. This venue has a reputation for quality and is currently experiencing growth. Ideally you will have a calm temperament under pressure and an attitude that shows you still take pride in your work and will strive to succeed.
Access is via sealed roads or regular flights